Thoughts of a Country Preacher

The Monday morning ruminations of a pastor.

Saturday, June 30, 2007

Family Days

My parents and my wife’s parents live about fifteen minutes apart from each other. While some might think that this would make visits easier, it in fact makes them much more difficult. This means that when we come in for a visit, we have to visit them both, both families want us to eat with them, or go with them to someplace, and everything else. And quite honestly, there just are not enough hours in the day to make everyone happy. But over the years, we have learned how to strike as just of a balance as possible. This Saturday, we visited with both families – above you will find my father (John Jr.), reading to my son Jack (John IV), and my father in law Chuck balancing Jack on a cast iron Farmall tractor he restored for him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter