Thoughts of a Country Preacher

The Monday morning ruminations of a pastor.

Friday, January 05, 2007

Please Pray for Dr. Mohler

Dr. Mohler is perhaps one of the finest Christian men I have ever met. As a student at SBTS he was my President, as a Highview Baptist Church member he was my Sunday School teacher. Everyone knows of his intellect, but what struck me the most about him was his humility and love for those around him.
His Sunday School lessons made me a better expositor and his example made me a better pastor. I cannot express how much his ministry has influenced mine.

Which is why I am asking that you all will join me in prayer for his speedy recovery.

I had heard that he was in the hospital due to abdominal pains, but this afternoon he was diagnosed with pulmonary emboli in both lungs. My wife the RN was kind enough to explain to me what that meant – honestly I didn’t understand most of her explanation, but I gathered enough to realize that it is very serious.
According to Dr. Moore on Dr. Mohler’s blogsite, Dr. Mohler is responding well to treatments, but there will still be a way to go.
So again, I ask that you will join me, my family, and my church in prayer for him. Pray for a speedy recovery so that he may return to his ministry of building up a new generation of ministers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter