Thoughts of a Country Preacher

The Monday morning ruminations of a pastor.

Monday, January 01, 2007

A Lookback at '06

As most people do, at the time of the New Year, I look back at the year that just ended in an attempt to evaluate its high points and low points.
When I first started blogging, I did so with mixed emotions. Why another blog? What good would it do? Why should I spend my already limited time on one? In many ways, I am glad that I started to blog, as I have met many interesting people and have had several good, uplifting conversations. In addition to this, this blog has forced me to continue my theological studies, so that I can write a well thought out post and answer my commenters well.
But at the same time, I am a little disappointed. I have found from experience that people really only get interested in a blog if it is controversial – which may explain why so many bloggers out there are turning over every rock in the world hoping that something may crawl out. Honestly, the last thing I want to be remembered for is simply being controversial.

Which now makes me look ahead to 2007. Where will this blog go over the next year?

Again, I have mixed emotions.

In some ways I want to expand the blog to include audio files of my theology lectures, sermons, and thoughts on my daily Bible reading – in addition to my weekly thoughts on theology.

In other ways I want to just leave it as it is. To simply maintain the status quo.

And in some other ways, I just want to delete it and go on with life. The past several weeks I have been away from my computer. I have not written, read, or answered any blogs and life has gone on just fine. If I disappeared from the blogosphere today, I doubt that the world would spin off its axis – or that many would even notice.

I suppose I will just have to wait and see what the year brings with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter